I joined the Victorian Writers’ Centre yesterday, handing in my membership form at the centre on Swanston St, Melbourne. It’s exciting to network and work with other writers in real life, as opposed to just the internet. And the VWC provide a bunch of services for the emerging writer.
What we do
We are a not-for-profit, government-funded organisation with more than 2400 members throughout Victoria. We provide:
- courses and seminars on all aspects of writing and publishing
- information and advice through our staff and publications, including our weekly e-bulletin, our website FAQs and our monthly magazine, Victorian Writer, which includes the latest opportunities and in-depth articles by writers about their craft
- writers’ studios for rent at Glenfern
- manuscript development through our manuscript assessment service
- a library with a great range of literary journals, writing-related reference books and books by members; a highlight is our collection of books shortlisted in the Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards
- a space for writers to meet and work
- a space for hire for meetings or writers’ groups.